Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Translate

Sunday, February 6, 2011

More Paris Dreamin'


This is a Mixed Media collage I made a few years ago to remind me of Paris.  As if I needed reminding!!!!


Parfum et Ladurée 


I had surgery about a week ago, and while I'm not in awful pain, I still don't have the energy or desire to be creative right now.  So instead, I'm taking time to catch up on my reading, movie watching, and net surfing. I've just finished a wonderful book, Suite Francaise by Irene Nemirovsky, which I highly recommend, as it was written in France during the German occupation. The  author died at Auschwitz before it was finished, but the first two parts that she completed are excellent.  Now I'm just getting into The Girl Who Played with Fire , the second in Stieg Larsson's trilogy. As soon as I finish it we'll rent the film, as the first one was excellent.  Also saw a great French film the other  night, MicMacs , directed by Jean-Pierre Jeunet, the director of our all-time favorite, Amelie. [ Which I watched for the umpteenth time again last night!].   Also watched a very sweet French Rom-Com, Heartbreaker  [L'arnacoeur] which had my DH fleeing to his office to work on his computer, but mom and I loved it.

I've also found a few great French blogs.  I subscribed to French Word-A-Day, written by Kristen Epinasse, and caught up on many back issues of  ParlerParis.com/issues/readpastissues.html.
AFor
And I found





3 comments:

  1. I wish you from the bottom of my heart that you have no pain soon and recover from your surgery. I really like your blog and will follow it with pleasure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So lovely! Thanks for the French Film recommendation too. Hope you're feeling well soon...meanwhile, put your feet up and enjoy the time out.

    (Found your blog and work through one of the Somerset magazines...digitalstudio perhaps? and love your work)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much Joe and Kate! I am feeling like new, and I really appreciate your well wishes. Hope your Valentine's day is filled with love and romance!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About This Blog

quid.di.ty The real nature of a thing; the essence; the essential nature or quality of something that makes it distinct and different from other things and establishes its identity



Some words on art, photography, beauty, nature, travel, Everafter Farm, friends, family and God.





  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP