Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Translate

Saturday, April 24, 2010

Somerset at last!







I kind of always thought that I'd see my work in Somerset Studio, the Mixed Media publication.  But month after month, I never could get up the nerve to submit my work . Then the publisher of all the Somerset publications. Kellene Gillhof, [bless her heart!] discovered my photography online, and invited me to be in Somerset Digital Studio!  I was so nervous, but I managed to get the article written last November and the magazine came out on March 1st.  I loved doing it and working with the Editor Jana Holstein was so much fun.  I thought they did a bang-up job on the article, giving me 8 pages, with 15 photos! I know some of you who are now following the blog came here through the article, so you know what an fabulous publication Somerset Digital is.  My friend Mario von Middendorf is also a featured artist in this issue, and he is incredible.  The next issue will come out Sept.1, 2010.  You can buy it at better newstands or order it ">here

7 comments:

  1. Dawne -- Just wanted to congratulate you on the wonderful spread in Digital Studio! Your imagery is so beautifully nuanced and subtle. Also liked your Slated for Salem -- very cool fundraiser!

    ReplyDelete
  2. a very classy article in Digital Studio. the narrative set just the right tone for your imaginative work and your process descriptions were fascinating.
    so nice to see the printing and paper quality did justice to your images. congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. kudos dawne! your work is wonderful....i love the muted colors of wood cottage..i'm drawn into the scene like a moth to a flame....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm in awe ! I just started some digital collage, so I'm over the moon with what you've done. Congrats. on the article!!
    Val

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for your support! I wish the magazine were bi-monthly like Somerset Studio, and maybe, as Digital Art becomes more popular, it will be!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you dear Dawne that you mentioned me in your post! I find it at last today. Always good to talk to eachother and I am really proud being your friend! Must talk to Mr. Obama immediately, that he will arrange a meeting soon to bring artists from the US and Germany together ;-))

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About This Blog

quid.di.ty The real nature of a thing; the essence; the essential nature or quality of something that makes it distinct and different from other things and establishes its identity



Some words on art, photography, beauty, nature, travel, Everafter Farm, friends, family and God.





  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP