Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Translate

Saturday, June 19, 2010

The Impossible Project

Recently my daughter and I went to NYC to meet an artist friend visiting from Brazil.  After a wonderful time walking around in Chinatown, we wound up at 425 Broadway at the gallery of the new Polaroid film company, The Impossible Project.  An amazing space, and an even more amazing product.  I have long been a fan of the SX-70 camera, and the possibilities for creativity that it affords.  Dean and I taught SX-70 manipulation classes in the '90s, as well as the making of Polaroid transfers, and we still own 17 Polaroid SX-70 cameras!  So how glad are we that we can now buy the film again!  It's not cheap, this analog world, but I scraped my pennies together and got 4 boxes of various films.  They're very fussy as to storage, too, temperature, and such, so we'll see how it works.  I have a shoot planned for Monday with a beautiful model, and I'll fire off a few shots with some of the Silver Shade.

Here's my friend Rogerio from Brazil, taken in the Impossible Project gallery space.

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About This Blog

quid.di.ty The real nature of a thing; the essence; the essential nature or quality of something that makes it distinct and different from other things and establishes its identity



Some words on art, photography, beauty, nature, travel, Everafter Farm, friends, family and God.





  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP