Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Translate

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

rural inception

Last night was date night.  Our idea of a good time consists of hamburgers in Saratoga, an hour or so of coffee and reading foreign magazines at Barnes and Noble, then off to a movie, and a moonlight ride home with the top down. Oh, and an ice cream cone.

The film we saw was Christopher Nolan's Inception , and from what I'd read on imdb and heard from reviews, I knew it would be challenging. But I was "along for the ride", so to speak, and I was not disappointed.  The visuals and special effects were stunning, Leo's performance brilliant, and a lot of it was filmed in Paris!

The whole concept of being the architect of a dream fascinates me.  As one who has dwelt in elaborately constructed daydreams since I was a toddler, I can relate, on some level.  I often tried to turn my daydreams into night dreams, but that could not be done.  I have, however, watched as my daydreams became reality as I grew older. Or, as I grew closer to the Lord, and He drew closer to me.  Spiritually speaking, I believe He places within me the desires of my heart.  This was my devotional verse for today:


Delight yourself in the LORD, and He shall give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the LORD, trust also in Him, and He shall bring it to pass. ~ Psalm 37:4,5

Artistically, I have been trying to "build" a photo painting from components found in my own photographs. Sort of the architect of my own dream landscape. This is my "rural inception," constructed from elements from 10 of my photos.




rural inception


The figure is from a photo of Pierro della Francesca's Madonna at the Clark Museum.



2 comments:

  1. O my God, what a magic, what a beauty and what excellent creativity is to find on your charming beautiful site dear Dawne! It is good you gave me a wonderful comment, otherwise I had never discovered this secret! I wish I could share someday your meaning of "date night" all together - it is absolutely my taste...

    Warm hugs: Your Mario from Cologne, Germany

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dawne !
    C'est superbe...
    I love the way you are weaving your dreams with mixed threads of painting and reality... Your words are moving : you are very lucky to live in the feeling to be guided by some light...
    Big hugs to you and Dean !
    Dominique

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About This Blog

quid.di.ty The real nature of a thing; the essence; the essential nature or quality of something that makes it distinct and different from other things and establishes its identity



Some words on art, photography, beauty, nature, travel, Everafter Farm, friends, family and God.





  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP