Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Translate

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Mercerie Bonneterie


It appears that we've survived the winter, but with the sad events in the world, but I have not felt much like working on digital art lately.  I've been glued to the news in Japan, and spending some time on the World Vision site, appalled by all of the suffering in the world.  I really wish I were one of those artists who could create art that would make a difference, but that type of art does not come easily to me.  I do often see images taking form in my mind when I'm at prayer or even during Bible study, but I have never been able to bring those images to my work.  So I continue to make art that is "pretty'.  Art that seeks to take our minds off pain, and to hearken back to a "better time."

That's what I thought when I saw this painting by William Tarbell.  She looked like a woman who had just gone shopping for a new hat, maybe in an effort to alleviate some pain she is feeling...but her thoughts are still heavy.
The textures are from Leslie Nicole, an artist friend who lives in France, and offers fantastic textures, brushes, and tutorials on her site Photo Artists Textures
  The text I used above is part of a new group of textures called Douce France, and features old French documents that Leslie has found at the brocantes in the Loire Valley.  I know she would love to have you visit her site and sign up for the newsletter.


Note:  I just got a note from Leslie, and she has changed the name of her texture site to French Kiss Textures What a great name!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About This Blog

quid.di.ty The real nature of a thing; the essence; the essential nature or quality of something that makes it distinct and different from other things and establishes its identity



Some words on art, photography, beauty, nature, travel, Everafter Farm, friends, family and God.





  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP